Skip to main content

I plan to + verb


'Plan to' describes something that you would like to do in the near future.

Examples:
"I plan to find a new apartment."
"I plan to relax on vacation."
"I plan to surprise my parents."
"I plan to wash my car."
"I plan to adopt a child."
"I plan to impress my boss."
"I plan to watch a movie."
"I plan to save more money."
"I plan to read a book."
"I plan to learn new things."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story of The Merchant's Son

Sagardatta was a merchant who had a handsome young son. One day, he observed that his young son had bought a costly book. But the book contained only one verse: "You get what is destined for you!" When the merchant realized that his son was a fool to buy a book with so much cost, but only one verse, he grew very angry. He said, "How can you do well in business, when you can buy a book which contains only one verse! Get out of my house, and never show me your face again!" The young man was utterly dejected for being driven out by his father; he started travelling with only his book along with him. He learnt the verse well, and kept repeating it, all the way. On his way, he arrived in a village. The villagers asked him his name and he replied from the book, "You get what is destined for you." Thus, the young man became known as 'You-get-what-is-destined-for-you'. One day, the princess of the country visited a festival and...

The Broken Mirror, The Black Cat and Lots of Good Luck

Listen/Download :     Nikos was an ordinary man. Nothing particularly good ever happened to him; nothing particularly bad ever happened to him. He went through life accepting the mixture of good things and bad things that happen to everyone. He never looked for any explanation or reason about why things happened just the way they did. One thing, however, that Nikos absolutely did not believe in was superstition. He had no time for superstition, no time at all. Nikos thought himself to be a very rational man, a man who did not believe that his good luck or bad luck was in any way changed by black cats, walking under ladders, spilling salt or opening umbrellas inside the house. Nikos spent much of his time in the small taverna near where he lived. In the taverna he sat drinking coffee and talking to his friends. Sometimes his friends played dice or cards. Sometimes they played for money. Some of them made bets on horse races or football matches. But Nikos never d...

Of Crows and Owls

Once upon a time, all the birds - the swans, cranes, parrots, cuckoos, owls, peacocks, doves and the rest of them - decided to meet. They had to discuss a subject of most importance. Unfortunately, no crow had joined yet, but they could not wait any longer. They debated, "Garuda, who is the king of all birds, is always busy in serving his master. He has neither the time, nor the interest to bother about us! There is no point in having a king who does not protect and remains at the position of the king only as a namesake." And so the birds discussed, "Let us choose a king amongst us!" On this, they started looking at each other; suddenly the features of owl attracted everybody. He was powerful, had impressive features, and most importantly he could see at night, when they were most unsafe. They agreed that the owl would be an apt king for themselves. They shouted, "The owl should be our king! Let us prepare for the coronation at once!...